Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cascade Memories: The First Day (8th Grade Year)

On the first day of school in my 8th grade year, I wasn't scared on the first day. This was mainly because I've developed great bonds with my classmates (you guys) and that many of my older friends attend here for 7th grade. I was still a bit afraid, as 8th grade was going to be tougher than the 7th, and that it was the last year before I go on for High School. However, I was a bit excited for the new year, and that I was eager to show the sevies the ropes around the school, especially since (again) they were longtime friends entering the 7th grade. Orientation was kinda like the same as the the previous year, but with new taechers and a fresh, new, adventure on the same school. One of my favorite memories on that first day was when I first went to Ms. Fitz's 5/6 LA/SS class, where I met all my classmates from Ms. Brook's. Around 6th period, the class all sat in chairs on the carpet,forming a circle. Ms. Fitz gave us some M&M's but not to eat them. The number of M&M's that we got represent the number of things that you would share to the class about yourself (for example, you say three things about yourself if you have 3 M&M's), but it had to be fact. For example, you cannot say you have red hair if your hair color if black. Once you're done sharing, you can eat those M&M's. The expereince was great. We shared many funny things. But when it my turn, I had the biggest laugh. So, what I told the class was: my name, age, that I lived in a family of four, that I had many dead goldfish...Then told them the similraities between Coffee and your Boyfriend. SO the similarities were: that one, he had to be hot. Two, had to be rich. ANd finally, three...HE HAD TO KEEP YOU UP ALL NIGHT!!! My class laughed, HARD. So, overall, it was one of THE most fun first days I've had...

No comments:

Post a Comment